Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Good bye old house
Hello new house

We bought a new house this summer and it is finally starting to feel like home. Our last house was small and old but we loved it. Unfortunately it only had two bedrooms and after Zachary was born we needed more room. We also wanted a safer neighborhood for the kids to grow up in.
Selling our old house was a rollercoster. I never thought that we would get it sold and find a house to move into so fast. Now that we are here I can definitely say that it was worth it but if you would have asked me in June I might not have thought so. James has also been working on finishing the basement it has been a lot of work but now we are so excited for the kids to have all the space to run and play.

Jacob was always down in the basement "helping" daddy and uncle Jordon.

Zachary has discovered stairs and I have a hard time keeping him off of them.

The boys have also been trying to keep our new house clean by helping with dishes and laundry.


The very best thing about our move was not something that I really expected. The best thing has been our new neighbors. Every neighbor we have has made us feel so welcome, I just love them. In the seven houses next to ours there are 10 children between the ages of one and three. Jacob goes outside once we are ready for the day to see whose garage is open and can play. We have already done some neat things together this summer. My parents also live a couple of blocks away and Jake loves walking down to grandma and Papas. I heard my dad telling him how to get from our house to his so when he is older he can come over whenever he wants (he might regret that someday). It will be the funnest place for them to grow up and I am so excited.

2 comments:

Shaliemorgan said...

Oh your house is beautiful! I am so happy for you. Hope you don't mind that I checked out your blog!

Natalie said...

I love your new house! It is so beautiful...James and Jordon did such a great job downstairs! We are so happy for you guys and we love your cute boys!